Tuesday, December 1, 2009

My Camera Gear Evolution

Just about a year ago, I decided to start the hobby of photography. I researched and reviewed a lot of sites as to what DSLR to purchase. I finally decided to buy the Nikon D60 for my 1st DSLR, bought it at a local shop at Hidalgo, Quiapo. Cost me initially 35thou for the D60 kit (with 18-55mm VR kit lens) plus the 55-200mm VR zoom. I was happy with my purchase and started shooting everything in sight!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Then, just as any newbie in the field, I was hit with G.A.S. (gear acquisition syndrome). I bought a Nikon SB-600 flash, some tripods, some remote flash trigger, bags etc. I sold my 2 lenses and bought new ones. I bought a Tamron 28-75mm f2.8 and a Sigma 70-300. Got tired of the tammy because it's not "wide enough." Sold it and got the hard to find Nikkor 18-70mm. Stuck with it for a while but since I got it "pre-owned" eventually sold it and got the Sigma 18-50mm f2.8 DC EX MACRO, and it's now my favorite lens. Eventually sold the Sigma 70-300 and decided to go WIDE and bought the Tokina 12-28mm.



Early this year, as my knowledge and skills improved, even just a bit, I discovered the limitations of the Nikon D60 and decided to upgrade to the Nikon D90. Sold my beloved first DSLR and went back to Hidalgo to buy the Nikon D90, body only. This is the camera I truly wanted (at least at this point, hehehe). Bought a battery grip for it and this is what I now have.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


I think I'll be happy with my set-up for the mean time. Still have a lot to learn. will post shots soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment